[C320-list] Belt Adjustment; Battery watering

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Thu Jan 27 15:35:50 PST 2011

I am at a slip in southern Lake Michigan with power so the batteries spend a
lot of time in the trickle mode.  My watering system is a once a month check
and water topping if needed with my trusty $1.50 laboratory water bottle
with nozzle from American Science and Surplus.  No drips or spills of water
or acid splashing out.  Just open
the battery cap and add any water needed through the long nozzle to top
off each cell.  The only customization is cutting off about 1/2 inch of the
nozzle end to get a larger stream of water on discharge.  I probably go
through 1 quart of distilled water a year on this exercise.  The batteries
are 3 years old.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894