[C320-list] clevis pins on mast step

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Jan 3 06:39:28 PST 2011

As Chris said, Yes.  PB Blaster is good stuff. Does anyone know if it damages bedding material (polysulfide in the mast step I think). I heard/read? That it would damage engine seals and rubber but don't know if it is true.

Once you get them free,  unscrew them completely, clean the threads and apply some "Tef-Gel" anti corrosion grease to the threads and the outside of the Nut and reinstall.   Essentially where the SS touches aluminum.

My suggestion on installing them is to screw them in by hand until they stop threading freely, then unscrew them one full turn. That will keep them turning freely for a few years.

-Jeff

Are the turning blocks that are attached to the clevis pins supposed to have full rotation? Seems like mine are firmly in place......if they are designed to rotate, best way to to free them up? Thanks for all the great advice!