[C320-list] Shaft Packing.... Duramax Ultra X

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 22:29:03 PST 2011

I used the Gore shaft packing material.  Excellent product, great reviews on sail net and cruisers forum.  No drips and it runs cool.  I can't remember the size, but the size is shown in the shaft log drawing in the owners manual.  Easy to install. I did mine with the boat out of the water.  I bought mine at the local marine store.  About $25.  The one thing that I found is that my shaft log took two rings, even though my owners manual showed 3 rings.

Dave

David Swanson
S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107