[C320-list] Shaft Packing.... Duramax Ultra X

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 19:41:02 PST 2011

I am getting a new prop this year, and figured since I will be replacing the cutlass bearing I may as well change out the packing in the packing nut.  It has been dripping all season, and is 7 years old now.

I want to use Duramax Ultra X, it seems to be the best stuff on the market....

Question.
  a.. Has anyone used it, and if so see any reason NOT to use it?  (I am not ready for dripless yet)
  b.. Does anyone know the correct size?
  c.. Does anyone know where it can be obtained without having to mortgage your house?
Thanks in advance.  Looking forward to getting out of my "kid imposed" limited cruising grounds, and meeting up with the multitude of 320s in the upper mid Chesapeake.

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
Middle River, MD