[C320-list] Battery Charger Replacement

Chuck and Kathy Mueller katchu at chartermi.net
Sun Jan 23 07:47:26 PST 2011

My 20 amp Charles battery charger failed suddenly last fall, just as I was
putting the boat away for the winter.  I don't think that it was original
equipment, as the 2000 C320's seemed to have the Promariner chargers. Since
I like to charge the batteries once a month during the winter, I needed to
either repair or replace.

I sent my charger back to Charles, as they have a reconditioning service.
They reconditioned my charger for $85 and had it back to me in less than 2
weeks.  They determined that a blown diode has caused the problem.  I
thought that their service was reasonable and the contacts were
professional.  Time will tell as to whether the charger continues to
function well, but it is an option.

Chuck Mueller
Northwind #676
Holland, M I