[C320-list] Schaefer 2100 furler maintenanc

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Fri Jan 28 04:04:15 PST 2011

Jerry,
1) 2 people, I did most of the job by myself until the very end. At that point one person needs to support the foil while the other lines it up. I believe this cannot be done by one person.
2) I had no difficulty removing any screws and my boat is quite a bit older than yours. Of course environmental conditions could effect, but the screw heads are large and easily removed with the proper screwdriver.
3) You should have a Schaefer manual that came with the boat that describes this procedure. It does show supporting the foil with a halyard, I used the spinnaker. If you don't have a manual I sure you can get one from Schaefer , if not let me know and I'll scan that section and send it too you.

One note; I thought this job would be intermediately hard, it was not. My jib now furls in and out better than it ever has. Once the old drum was removed it was impossible to turn by hand while the new drum spun like a top.

Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser #606