[C320-list] Midship cleats

Chuck and Kathy Mueller katchu at chartermi.net
Sun Jul 3 16:41:17 PDT 2011

I added midship cleats last year near the toe rail.  That is solid
fiberglass in that area and I liked the idea of keeping the genoa tack
clear.  I bought a set of Perko 6 1/2" cleats that use two 1/4" bolts.  It
was a little tricky getting the nuts tightened up as they were behind the
cabinet boards in the head and up behind the storage cabinet to port.  But
I'm really happy with the way they work.  They were very reasonable too, as
the set was less than $30. As I recall, I tackled this after seeing pictures
that Jeff Hare had posted.

Chuck Mueller
Northwind #676
Holland, MI