[C320-list] ST 4000 new question

jpmesa at aol.com jpmesa at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 15:49:15 PDT 2011

I was talking with several long time sailor friends thisweekend and more than one have had problems with their new cell phones and theST4000. (making their boats go off course) Even turning them off or placingthem as far away as possible from the compass didn’t help, they had to keep thephone’s off the boat. Has anyone else had this problem?  I have done everything test listed on 320 and sailboat owners and Raymarine board (plus grounds wires) and double check all mysettings. The only test I haven’t done is the Raymarine compass test!  I’ll do that this weekend after I check my cellphone. It funny that my autopilot problems started the same time I purchased anew phone.  Looks like I might need arudder transducer but I want to have the basic autopilot working before I hunt onedown.   Thanks, John   Holokai 2