[C320-list] 3YM Coolant Question..

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 13:43:22 PDT 2011

I now have a Yanmar 3YM and what I thought would be a simple item to add to
my on board spares has turned into anything but..The 3YM's require LLC
coolant, and according to a Yanmar advisory only 3 brands are recommended
(all hard to find). The problem is the engine was shipped from the factory
with a red coolant (I have since found out that Mastry Marine who supplies
Catalina with the engines put the Yanmar branded coolant in) and the
coolant's specified by the service advisory is orange. I realize the colors
matter less and less, however to match what's in the engine without
flushing, I need to either use the Yanmar stuff ($$) or find a matching red
for topping off. After the season, I will flush and replace with something
both recommended and relatively easy to find-in the meantime what are other
3YM owners using for coolant? Thanks in advance and I apologize for the long
winded background info.

Regards,

Jon Vez