[C320-list] Fwd: Catalina replacement parts. C 320 #851

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:59:08 PDT 2011

Wow! Boat stuff gets expensive.
1. Once I priced plastic mirrors on a web site and it was $75 for a sheet
that was roughly 3x5'.  Recently, we replaced the mirror behind the sink and
I think Pattie found one at HD or Lowes for $10/12. It was slightly larger;
but, we were able to use the lower holes and re-drilled the others. I didn't
bother to round the corners. It looks just fine.

2. Sail: no comment (bet you didn't expect that from me)

3. Sail cover: after some local research, I ordered a custom made sail cover
from catalinaowners.com and paid $400.  It included all  their upgrades:
Tanara thread, ss twist locks rather than Velcro, and whatever.  It was made
to my measurements, was well crafted, and fit like a glove.  They are aware
of the difficulty of measuring and making a custom product remotely, and
seem very willing to do what it takes to do it right.  Irv, if you want more
specific info on how to do the measurements, e-mail me off-list and I'll
tell you what I learned.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"