[C320-list] Engine starting alarm

uhlman at sbcglobal.net uhlman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 5 20:00:59 PDT 2011

Hi, gang,
This year, when turning the key to start the engine, the usual alarm does not go off. Engine seems to work fine.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
Barb and Bob uhlman
Whisper, 1158

From: Joseph Aberdale <summerwind3 at comcast.net>
Sender: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.comDate: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:01:59
To: <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Subject: [C320-list] Overheating Engine

Today I started the Yanmar engine in my 2002  C320 and the
overheating light and alarm went on. I discovered that engine cooling
water was not being discharged from the hull but you could see the
discharge of air. Further investigation revealed that water was being
drawn in through the intake and getting to the engine. Is the likely
problem the water pump? I recently installed a new impeller and the
engine ran well after that. How do I determine if the water pump is bad?

Also, I cannot get water to run out of the galley and bathroom
faucets. The tanks are filled and I can hear the water pump operating
but do not get any running water. Any thoughts on how I should
proceed from here?

Thank you very much.

Joe