[C320-list] Head smell discoveries

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jul 7 18:38:16 PDT 2011

I think this is not an issue you don't also have.  Your existing valve will scoop water in those conditions also I'd bet and I'm sure my old valve would.

Irv man!  What are you doing sailing with your rail in the water on this boat?   Reef, trim and reduce your head sail and you'll go faster and won't destroy your steering system fighting the roundup.  ;)

But seriously though, this was a mild concern.  And just keeping a rubber plug on board would solve this for those exceptional conditions.  Heck, with the rail under water there's no chance any crew member is getting OFF the pot once they sit down anyway. ;)

Cheers!
-Jeff