[C320-list] Waste tank dectector locations

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:18:34 PDT 2011

Don, I presume you have the 22 gal. holding tank.  And, which monitor are
you using?  I used the Solo monitor with the dual sensor strips.

I would place the sensor strips where you can reach them while the tank is
installed.  We put ours on the forward side where the tank is the tallest
top to bottom.  This is close to the battery compartment from where I
powered the monitor. I used an in-line fuse as I never want the monitor
unpowered as you then have to reprogram it.  I placed a terminal strip on
the top of the tank for the connections from the battery, sensors, and to
the controller.  The controller/display I placed inside the cabinet in the
head. I did this so it would be out of the way of small curious hands that
are occasionally onboard.

As for programming the controller for the tank shape, good luck.  I couldn't
seem to find the best setting for this tank.  I think it is now set for a
square tank.  This means that it reaches 1/2 full rather quickly, then takes
longer to reach 3/4 and full because the greater part of the volume is at
the upper half.  This is not all bad.  The Solo monitor turns on a red
"Full" light when the tank is at 80% for 30 minutes.  This is a good
indicator that it is time to think about a pump out.

Let us know how your installation turns out.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"