[C320-list] Raymarine SPX5 Installation

Jim Sweet jamesweet at frontiernet.net
Thu Jul 14 13:57:32 PDT 2011

Come to find out, the real issue is the FET.  As near as I can tell, it
isn't available.  I'm your age and I HATE to throw something out that should
be fixed-but you gotta have the parts to do it.  You also have to find
someone that will do the repair-my de-soldering/soldering skills are not up
to it, especially since this is a surface mount component.  I've given up on
getting it fixed and ordered a new unit from Defender.  Now if anybody has
installed on lately and has any tips, I'd be grateful.  Thanks.

Jim Sweet
TGIF (Thank God It Floats) 901