[C320-list] PLEASE SUGGEST BATTERY REPLACEMENT

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:19:05 PDT 2011

Pete

Some recommend replacing the original wet cells with truck batteries, others
like the golf cart 6V cells, and heavy users move up to AGM or ?????
Ugrades may require a new charger.  The addition of a dedicated starting
battery is a nice backup.  It all depends on how you use the boat and how
much you can justify spending for storage capacity.

There is quite a bit of discussion that you can read by searching the
forum.  The Catalina 34 forum has some interesting info as well.

We day sail, so the truck batteries were a cost effective solution for us.
Your mileage may vary.

Pat, 801