[C320-list] PLEASE SUGGEST BATTERY REPLACEMENT

LOCALJG at aol.com LOCALJG at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 21:34:44 PDT 2011

Last year I replaced my 2 4Ds with 4 golf cart batteries.  I also
installed one of those squeeze ball battery re-fill systems.  I now  have 500 amp
hours of house battery power and it takes me 5 minutes to top  the batteries
off when needed.  The golf carts fit in the same space  as the 4Ds and in a
year's time, are as clean as the day I installed them.   No leakage or white
powder at the terminals.  The golf carts are  great!  The worst thing about
making the change to the golf cart batteries  is getting the old 4Ds out of
your boat.  Those suckers weigh about 130  pounds.  The golf carts weigh
about as much as a car battery so they  are easy to install.  You will need an
electrician to figure out the wiring  as it will be different from what you
presently have but someone who  knows about those things will be able to get
er done.

John
Dreamtime #329.

In a message dated 7/14/2011 2:08:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,