[C320-list] Question from Dave Birken

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 20:24:46 PDT 2011

Dave,

On our boat, we used that large space to stow fenders, extra life jackets, water toys, and other bulky items that fit through the small cockpit seat opening and that are somewhat retrievable without a long reach through the top.  This winter, I installed a Wallas 40D heater in this space with associated hot air and cold return air ducting. This new heater unit has taken up some of the space, however, we will still use this space for fenders and bulky items like crab and shrimp traps and floats, albeit, with a little less volume.  Our icebox refrigeration unit (2nd refrigerator) is also mounted on a shelf adjacent to the hull in this space as well.

This is a great stowage space.  I have been thinking of a way to adhesive mount some large SS hooks near the top of the opening to hang extra lines from, but I have yet to determine a way to do this without drilling holes.

Dave

Dave Swanson
S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107