[C320-list] Companionway Doors

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Tue Jun 7 10:47:39 PDT 2011

All,

I want to put a pair of doors on our companionway to keep the cool air
in when the air conditioner is running, as well as make it more
convenient going in and out when we stay on the boat.  I actually have
some woodworking skills and would be able to make doors myself.  The
pictures on the C320 web site are very helpful.  However, the doors that
Zarcor offers look pretty attractive to me, in terms of ease of
installation, low maintenance, etc.

For those of you that have the Zarcor doors, do you think you made the
right choice?

For those of you who made your own doors, have you had any issues with
water getting in where you drilled into the fiberglass, and do you feel
you made the right choice?

Thanks in advance,
Dean Vermeire
Moonstruck II (C320 #847)