[C320-list] Spare parts list and Tools Recommendations

danny jensen danny at jensenshouse.com
Sat Jun 25 12:42:39 PDT 2011

Dear Group,

I am a new owner of a C320 2004 with a Yanmar 3GM30F-YEU motor, Standard
Packing Gland, Maxwell Windlass, Raymarine auto pilot, Charleston roller
furling mast and Schafer rolling furling jib. I am looking to put
together a spare parts list and a tool set that will provide for
recovery from:

Water coming inboard that would sink the boat

Common engine issues

Common plumbing issues

Common problems with rigging

Common problems with steering / auto pilot

I would be traveling to fairly remote islands (Santa Cruz and San
Clemente) 30 miles away from the mainland and 100 miles away from my
home port.

I'm looking at purchasing a spare an engine parts kit like the ones
below:

http://shop.torresen.com/marine_diesel_direct/Yanmar/index.php?p=include
&contentsection=yanmar&contentname=spare_parts_reference

OR

http://psyberspace.com.au/yanmar/spares.htm

Here are the tools I'm considering:

Spanners from 8 - 22 mm

Socket set 3/8 drive metric/imperial

2 different size vice grips

Side cutting pliers

Ball pein hammer

Screwdriver set

Electrical test light

Multimeter

Wind-up LED torch

Hacksaw with spare blades

Stanley knife

packing gland adjustment wrenches

30 inch bolt cutters

Small shake

PB Blaster

Other spares

Assorted Plastic Cable Ties

Assorted Stainless Steel hose clamps

Fabric Gaffer Tape

5 litres SAE Mono Grade Engine Oil

1 litre Yanmar Coolant

2 spare primary fuel filters

1 meter of fuel line

Spare globes or LEDs for Nav Lights

sail tape

electrical tape

marine epoxy resin that drys under water with cloth

wooden plugs with mallet

distilled water

Packing Gland Material

Anchor shackles various sizes

Snatch block 9/16 line

Standard block

Spare line

I was wondering if some of you have a list made such as the one I have
assembled above (the more detailed the better)?  All suggestions are
appreciated.

Danny

Redondo Beach, CA

A BOA VITA