[C320-list] Information

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Jun 3 15:02:28 PDT 2011

Hi Don,

Port list?  What port list?  :)   I believe it has much to do with the
placement of relatively heavy galley equipment stove/fridge + contents +
compressor/sink/microwave/Corian counters and also the 60lbs the hot water
tank adds.  Then there's the "Black hole" (what we call the port aft locker)
and the port side locker.

On the other side, is only the head (with not much weight to it), batteries
and the Rear water tank.   To keep the boat better leveled, we keep the aft
tank full and use the bow tank first.

If we had Orlando Duran on board, we'd have him sit in the head the whole
cruise and we'd be all level (assuming everyone else sat on the port side)
:-)    Sorry Orlando, couldn't resist...  :-)

   Here's a reference point on the propane tank.

We typically do a 2 week cruise and several weekenders each season.  We use
the stove to boil water for tea and coffee every morning.  Most days we also
use the stovetop for making bacon/eggs or pancakes.  We make dinner on the
stove only about half the time as we eat on land alot.   We always make
several batches of Choc. Chip cookies and cinnamon buns in the oven during
our cruises.   Also on cooler evenings, the kids make S'mores over the stove
burners.

If we have steaks/baked potatoes we do those outside on the Grill with the
smaller propane cans, so that factors into our use of the main tank.

So... in nearly 10 years, we've never run out of propane and only top off
the tank annually.  If you were on a long cruise and don't eat ashore and do
lots of baking, you could run low or out, but I'm pretty confident that you
could get 2 full weeks of meals out of one tank.  On a cruise, it's usually
not hard to get a refill/top off along the way, so I wouldn't bother trying
to find a way to fit a larger tank until it becomes a problem.

Cheers!
-Jeff Hare
#809  Woodbine II
Newburyport, MA