[C320-list] Information

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 14:46:39 PDT 2011

This is more or less a useless reply I just like the fact that Don's and my
boat "knew" each other at the factory...  :)

1. From old posts I understand the 320 lists to port. I have found that the
Mark II behind me and I both list, his slightly more. Why?  Is this a design
problem or is this just the effect of putting all that stuff in the port
locker? I know it does not effect the performance,  just curious.

-I don't notice any list.  Except the one that keeps sending me Cat 320
posts...  :)  You would think list to starboard as fuel and water are on
that side.  Maybe I just don't know cause as I said I don't notice any.

2. How long does the 2 gal propane tank last? Is there a 5 gal tank that
fits? I know my BBQ tank does not.

-I still have 90 lbs left.  I don't use it that much so can't give any
meaningful reply.  HOWEVER, the small camp tanks that fuel my BBQ (Magma) DO
fit in that space with the propane tank.  JUST enough to close the cover.

3. Has anybody had to rebuild  Maxprop blades? Cost?

-NOPE, bought a new Flex O Fold, 1800 bucks.  Best upgrade yet....

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
Middle River, MD

As a new 320 owner I have a few questions.
1. From old posts I understand the 320 lists to port. I have found that the
Mark II behind me and I both list, his slightly more. Why?  Is this a design
problem or is this just the effect of putting all that stuff in the port
locker? I know it does not effect the performance,  just curious.
2. How long does the 2 gal propane tank last? Is there a 5 gal tank that
fits? I know my BBQ tank does not.
3. Has anybody had to rebuild  Maxprop blades? Cost?
Tip: I found a nice cutting board that fit tinside the stove top. I hot
glued some drawer liner I got from Costco to one side. Does not silde or
rattle on the stove top. Planning to line some of my lockers with the stuff.
Don Lawson #1005