[C320-list] Charles Charger Inverter Problem

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 10:35:31 PDT 2011

Crosby - One test to run on your batteries prior to replacing them is a 'load test'.  You'll likely need the marina service department to conduct this test since most individuals do not own one.  The load tester device checks a battery under an applied electrical load, simulating the real life circumstances when you try to draw current.  Remember as a teenager ... the done light would work, but the car would not crank?   Good voltage under no load (i.e. the light) and failure to deliver current (bad voltage under load from the starter).  My guess is the charger is ok, but it sees a state of 'full' battery charge via the battery's voltage ... a misleading indicator (since no load applied) if a battery has this problem.  Let us know the outcome ... sort of like stump the chumps on Car Talk !!!   lol   Alan  hull #67 Holland MI