[C320-list] Cabin Heat /// Interesting Proposal!

Magnuson's Time A Weigh gary.magnuson at frontier.com
Thu Jun 9 21:05:05 PDT 2011

Thanks Rick for the sanity check.  We are in Bayfield, WI - Lake Superior,
and the nights are in the 40's this week, after leaving 95 deg weather in
Illinois.  We are using a small ceramic heater which serves us well. The
idea of the shore powered water heater, which keeps the water at scalding
temps, possibly doing double duty if it had a circulating pump tapped into
the cooling loop to the engine through a truck coil, would work in the slip
and the engine would provide the heat while under power.  While anchored out
in the islands, I think the other configurations would offer a more reliable
heat source, but for the short time in the spring, and fall, it just seemed
like an idea worth consideration.

Thanks,
Gary #205