[C320-list] Bow Pulpit

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:06:37 PDT 2011

Haven't done it, but replacing the nav lights with individual lights
on the hull should be a piece of cake. There is an access port to that
area of the bow in the anchor locker, the wires are right there.

Straightening seriously bent SS tubing often proves to be a practical
impossibility for several reasons. The initial bending and the bending
of your race work hardens the metal and it becomes brittle. Heating is
required to anneal the metal and make it workable again. Heated SS
will require repassivation to prevent rusting. In the end, make an
attempt to straighten serious bends in SS tubing and it will likely
collapse, crack or break the tubing or break the welds.

If it is only a little warped, wrap it with electrical tape to prevent
scratching and use a 1" conduit bender with a long cheater to coax it
back into place...good luck.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC