[C320-list] Bow Pulpit

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Tue Jun 21 03:33:16 PDT 2011

Denny - Something like this happened to Sea Shadow a few years ago.  I
bought a small hydraulic jack and using pieces of lumber against the rails,
very slowly bent the rail back into fairly good shape. I'd be glad to loan
the jack but it probably is less expensive to buy one at an auto parts
store.  The guy who helped me works with stainless steel quite a bit as a
hobby so I was pretty confident he was not going to make things worse but
you really need to be careful...  I got hung up on a piling when a dock line
parted during a very high tide so the rail looked like a bow; now it is
almost straight and most folks don't notice it unless they take a second
look. - Allan