[C320-list] Battery Hook up question

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Sat Jun 18 11:39:06 PDT 2011

David,

I am curious about your battery setup as I am about to replace house bank.
My boat is a 2007 also and I hoped for longer battery life, but my boat came
new with a defective charger that cooked them dry before delivery.

How did you wire yours in series? I assume you replaced 12v with 6v
batteries to do that? Why is that better than two 12v batteries in parallel?

I too have a separate starting battery and didn't know one of my house
batteries was bad until I tried test starting my engine with it as a backup
precaution. Gurrurrrur thunk.

Thanks

Happy Sailing!

John