[C320-list] Attention Southern Lake Michigan C320 Owners - Local C 320 Fleet Forming

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 11:58:16 PST 2011

Two of us are in early efforts to start up a local C320 International Fleet in southern Lake Michigan.  The local fleet would not compete with the two large all Catalina Fleets on Lake Michigan which are Fleet 21 out of Chicago and Lake Michigan Catalina Association out of southern Michigan.  The plan is to have a few social/sailing events and possibly some hands-on technical outings or seminars centered around the C320.  Owners of a C320 who are members of these all Catalina Fleets could also join our local fleet with minimum concern about conflicting with the larger and well organized all Catalina fleet activities.

We are seeking C320 owners who are also members of the C320 International Association out of the southern part of Lake Michigan.  We will start with C320 owners on Lake Michigan in the southern Wisconsin harbors and Illinois harbors.  The by-laws of a local fleet require membership in the C320 International Association by a C320 owner who wants to join.

For any folks on this message list who are interested please drop me a note at resloat at comast.net or contact Cy Race at cyrace at comcast.net.  I am located at Waukegan Harbor and Cy Race is located at North Point Marina in Winthrop Harbor.  If you know of any C320 owners who don't frequent this list or who are not C320 International Association members and who might be interested send one of us their contact information and we will follow up.  This would be a good opportunity to get them to join the C320 IA.

If you would like to help out in the effort to start this local fleet also let one of us know.  We welcome all help and suggestions you may have.

When the ice clears and the water is above 45 degrees F I am located in the Waukegan's south harbor at slip N14-19 and Cy Race is in slip F72 at North Point Marina.  He sails Sea Major.

Bob Sloat
Savannah Hull 894