[C320-list] Prop Pitch

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Sat Mar 5 05:44:43 PST 2011

I am about to finally pull the trigger and order my folding prop from Gori.

They have calculated my needs as follows:
"You should have received the calculation on the Gori folding propeller
options for your Catalina 320 with the 3YM30, 2.62:1 ratio. We have done
many installs on the Catalina's & below is the best optimum sizing after
extensive sea trial test.  Gerry Douglas, president of Catalina has a Gori &
can attest to the quality & performance of the Gori. Below is the sizing and
pricing for the Gori propeller options that will best suit your boat from
the information you gave.

15" x 12 x 2-blade RH - List $1198.00                 Spring special cost
$1078.00 for order placed by end of March.
15" x 10 x 3-blade RH - List $3095.00                 Spring special cost
$2699.00 for order placed by end of March."

For my engine/transmission, does anyone have any thoughts on the size and
pitch they have recommended? My notes indicate that the factory fixed prop
for my boat is a little different than this (15" x 11 for 2 blade and 15" x
11 for the 3 blade)

Happy Sailing!

John
2007 C320MKII