[C320-list] Battery Charger Issues

Jason Alexander alexander.jason at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:25:40 PDT 2011

Hello all,

So I've completed my purchase of #782 which used to be named "Sea Ya"
and which is now named "MoneyPenny".   Anyway when I did the survey it
was determined that the battery charger was dead.  So as part of the
settlement on the boat the owner purchased a new Xantrex Truecharge 2
battery charger.
I was able to pull out the old charger and put in the new one.   Now
the issue I'm having is that it seems that only one of the banks has
continuity to the charger.  I tested this by taking a long wire to my
meter and checking the wire that attached to the battery charger and
to the positive terminal on the battery.

Now what's interesting is that on my batteries I have two large
positive cables and 3 large negative cables. None of the cables look
like the wire from the battery  charger.   One of the large positive
cables goes to the combiner switch but I can't seem to figure out
where the other large cable runs to.

Anyone have a good wiring diagram or might be able to provide some guidance.

Jason