[C320-list] Exhaust elbow

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:40:03 PDT 2011

Hi Peter
i replaced our 3ym30 at 400 hours/4 years old.
I question the mechanic about this being necessary. Was it a fault with
Yanmar?
He pulled 2 others off the shelf and showed me it was not just Yanmar ...
think the others were Nani and ... maybe Volvo.
I choose to do it myself. my costs were $400 (approx). My mates was double
because they did not remove/install it themselves.
I had to remove the elbow and its attachment to the engine. (The connection
cannot be done on site because it needs a vice ... so you take the elbow off
at the workshop while it is still attached to its immediate base part.)

STAINLESS STEEL
i have since learnt that a competent marine work shop can individually make
them for around $350 ... ???
suggest you phone around before you take it off.

Regards

Bruce S/Sydney