[C320-list] United Marine Underwriters /// Check out Nationwide Ins.

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Thu Mar 17 19:40:48 PDT 2011

Jason,

You may want to also check with the Nationwide Insurance Co. Our agent is
also a boater.

Had only one $2,000 claim in 16 seasons for a line wrapped around the prop.
Nationwide was prompt and thorough about settling up with no hassles. They
even approved replacing the bronze shaft with stainless steel.

The rates up here in Lake Erie are exceptionally low. Something like $300 a
year. We also have all of vehicles, home and other watercraft insured with
Nationwide.

One must always consider adjusting the total value of hull every few years
to keep the insurance coverage within the "market price" range for the age
and condition of the hull. That way one can then keep the cost of the annual
insurance policy in check and not over insure the boat. Our policy
automatically covers up to $1,000 for the dink and includes a few hundred
for towing!

Rick
My-Ria #277