[C320-list] replacing the speed transducer

Jerry Clayton jsea at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 20 15:43:58 PDT 2011

Dean,

     I replaced my speed transducer about a year ago.  I ran the new cable
all the way back to the ST60 unit as it was originally, really not that
hard. The wires are very thin so I decided not to cut and splice.  You do
not have to cut off the terminals, just fold them back against the cable and
tape it.  I taped the new cable to the old cable and took it to the stern.
You will need to get some zip ties to replace the old ones you cut to keep
everything looking neat and out of the way.  Once you are ready to run the
cable thru the pedistal you need to re-tape the new cable to a piece of
rigging wire (6 feet or so should do it) and run it up the pedistal to the
gauge, plug in the terminals and your done.

Good luck,

Jerry Clayton