[C320-list] throttle walk

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 05:53:50 PDT 2011

I think almost everyone has had this problem. Two fixes. One is to replace the
clutch inside the binnacle. The other is to put a U clamp on the cable (I
suspect that is the drag clamp mentioned) and tighten it until the throttle no
longer walks. The first fix takes time and will eventually begin to walk again.
The second works but remember to change the position of the clamp a couple of
times a season since the wire inside the plastic sheath will eventually wear
through and cause the opposite problem (very hard to move)

Jim Brown