[C320-list] throttle walk

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 21 06:55:35 PDT 2011

John, the proper fix is to remove the compass and you'll find a hex-head
screw that bears on the shaft of the throttle lever. Simply tighten until
the throttle movement is stiff. Since we should be going into the binnacle
on a regular basis (I do mine about every other year,) to perform the
recommended Edson maintenance, a regular adjustment of the throttle tension
shouldn't be an effort. Every other year, I remove the cover in the aft
cabin to lube and adjust the cables.  EdsonMarine.com has maintenance info
online. I would strongly advise against a cable clamp near the engine.
As a new owner, you'll find this list an indispensible resource in keeping
your "new" 320 in good shape.  Someone is always lurking who has encountered
your issue.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"