[C320-list] Engine/Fuel Issue with my 2001 Yanmar

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 04:05:39 PST 2011

Tom,
Wow this takes me back to when my boat was brand new, did the same thing at commissioning. The problem the mechanics told me was a change in design in the Yanmar due to pollution controls. Now your boat is not that far from mine, hull 606, but strange that it would start happening now. May not be the same thing, but worth a shot. On the starboard rear side of the engine fuel return hoses, just aft of the dip stick, 2 of them parrallel to each other. Look to see if they are clamped off. Mine have been since 1999 never had the problem again and it was a cheap fix. I bought from an auto store a brake clamp kit, if I rcall it was under $20. This has thumb screws to tighten the clam, clamp off both of these hoses together, if they are not already clamped, and I bet your problem goes away. Te description you gave is exactly what the mechanic told me in 99'. Each year at the beginning of the season I check them for tightness. I will be at the boat tomorrow to complete the dreaded winterizing, if you would like me to take a picture please let me know.

Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser 606