[C320-list] Engine/Fuel Issue with my 2001 Yanmar

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 04:32:44 PST 2011

I agree with Bruce.

This reeks of "air in the system".  The Yanmar 2GM (My 3YM30 self bleeds so
not a good example) on my prior boat did the same thing when I changed the
fuel filters.  It would "sputter" and stop, which told me I had more
bleeding to do.

If the machanic blead it, and it worked for a while, it likely is not a
blockage, and almost has to be air.

Fuel NEVER runs back into the tank, by design.  The only way it can happen
is if there is air leaking into the system.

Find the leak and get a new mechanic?  :)

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
Middle River, MD