[C320-list] Engine/Fuel Issue with my 2001 Yanmar

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 18:02:42 PST 2011

I posted it already, but here goes again. When my boat was new in 99' I had the exact same problem and the diesel mechanic told me that this version of Yanmar had a new pollution control fuel return that caused the problem mentioned. I have seen the much more involved solution with bolts and check valves. The solution he came up with is simply clamping off the fuel return hose, this hose caused the air infiltration. A simple brake clamp, less that $20 solved the problem, have been happily running for 12 years. I offered to send a picture of the simple fix, but no request.

Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser 606