[C320-list] raw water intake modification

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Thu Nov 24 09:20:36 PST 2011

Yes, I modified ours 10 years ago.  You should use either bronze or plastic. Brass will dissolve very quickly in marine environment.  Unless it says bronze and sold for marine use, it is most likely cast brass. In brackish water, a brass connector on the raw water intake side on a 320 near us developed pinholes in only 4 months.

We have pics on the website showing our install that's convenient for winterizing and spring commissioning.  In my opinion, there's no need for any valve here.

-Jeff