[C320-list] Trip South

Barbara Uhlman uhlman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 27 15:53:40 PST 2011

Hey, 320 group,

Our boat, Whisper, arrived in FL last Monday.  It was a good trip.  BTW, Warren
Pandy recommened Joule Yacht Transport and they were great to work with.  The
boat was delivered to Charlotte Harbor Boat Storage where we could have some
work done and we could do other work.  Other boat owners there were staying on
their boats while working on them.  CHBS are nice people to work with.

Forget spraying the Pam on the boat!!  The truck grime stuck to the Pam.
Everything else was in great shape.  After several bottles of Dawn and 5 or 6 of
Softscrub, brushes, and lots of elbow grease, the boat is looking like new
again.  Bottom was sanded lightly and painted.  We waxed the sides to a
sparkle.  Tomorrow, we will begin waxing the deck (not the nonskid areas) and
cabin top.  It will be tricky getting Whisper through shallow water and out to
Charlotte Harbor and a storm is forecast for tomorrow.  We hope that by Tuesday
or Wednesday, Whisper will be tied up at our dock in Punta Gorda.

Barb and Bob Uhlman
Whisper, #1158