[C320-list] revisiting windlass selection and placement

John Scott jcscott at cpsc.com
Sat Oct 8 05:56:49 PDT 2011

Thanks, in advance, for indulging me with guidance on a question I know has been asked before...

I currently have no windlass on my 1993 C320 (Wooshkeetaan).  I'm trying to figure out which I should get, maybe leaning toward the Maxwell 800 (to accommodate rode and chain) but I'm open to considering alternatives. I am also interested in knowing what the real downside is of mounting the windlass on the deck (rather than in the anchor locker).  I know having it off the deck might be convenient, but is it really essential?  What is your experience?

John Scott
Wooshkeetaan #15