[C320-list] removing interior panel forward of nav station

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:28:14 PDT 2011

Nat, several years ago, I finally had enough dealing with removing this
panel. What I did was to split it vertically, add a small wood strip along
the edge, and add two screws through the shelf above.  This allows me to
remove either panel without having to remove the other; and, I don't have to
remove the chain plate strain bar in front of it.  I bought some teak veneer
in a roll to cover the new wood strip.  After varnishing the whole thing
with Target water base varnish, it looks like a factory job.

I will be over at the boat in the next couple of days and if I remember to
take my camera, I'll take some pictures for those interested.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"