[C320-list] cabin overhead lights

David Swanson kswanson123 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 20:25:50 PDT 2011

Sorry to hear about your mishap with a 20w replacement bulb.

As far as replacement fixtures, I was not able to locate the brand, but I also found what looks like as a direct replacement on the www.catalnadirect.com website.  These look like current replacements for the ones on my boat.  Same style of fixture, only LED cluster already installed and a new plastic contoured switch in lieu of the metal small toggle switch.  See the website link below.

http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=2398&ParentCat=162

I should have mentioned about not using a halogen or xenon bulb with a replacement wattage greater than 10w.  I believe that I read that somewhere.  These small G4 2 pin halogen and xenon bulbs burn very hot.  In fact, I have replaced a couple of the halogen bulbs in my fixtures with LED clusters.  These are certainly more expensive, but they burn much cooler and use about 1/10th of the wattage.  The light is not as good as halogens, so i just have these LED clusters in select fixtures for principal use when we are at anchor.

Good luck in replacing the fixture.

Dave

David Swanson
S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107
Mukilteo, WA

On Oct 16, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Stephen Cox wrote:

>> I still can't find
>> anything on the fixture that identifies the manufacturer and
>> I haven't found a source for replacement. Any suggestions?
>>

> Not 100% sure what lights your C320 has but these
> http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_I
> D=2398&ParentCat=336 look to be the same as mine with an improved switch and
> LED globe already installed.  The reflections on the bottom (top?) of the
> fitting make the chrome look a little funny but it seems to be chrome all
> over, same as mine.
>
> Stephen Cox
> Tegwen #1141

David Swanson