[C320-list] Lost Halyard

Flyingmonkey lou at flyingmonkey.im
Mon Oct 24 05:25:32 PDT 2011

Before you drop the mast try this. Get a small bicycle chain, break / separate the master link so you have a straight chain.  Tie a messenger line to your new halyard and the chain. Drop the chain down the mast (over the sheeve), as the chain nears the exit hole on the mast, a little gentle rocking of the boat will help you to slip it right out of the hole.

Also this would be a perfect time to inspect all your halyard sheev'es while your up there.

Good luck,
Lou Hodac
Blue Moon
Hull # 702