[C320-list] Lost Halyard

momvan at aol.com momvan at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 05:54:00 PDT 2011

thanks......

-----Original Message-----
From: Flyingmonkey <lou at flyingmonkey.im>
To: C320-List <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
Sent: Mon, Oct 24, 2011 8:25 am
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Lost Halyard

Before you drop the mast try this. Get a small bicycle chain, break / separate
he master link so you have a straight chain.  Tie a messenger line to your new
alyard and the chain. Drop the chain down the mast (over the sheeve), as the
hain nears the exit hole on the mast, a little gentle rocking of the boat will
elp you to slip it right out of the hole.
Also this would be a perfect time to inspect all your halyard sheev'es while
our up there.
Good luck,
ou Hodac
lue Moon
ull # 702
Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 24, 2011, at 7:00 AM, momvan at aol.com wrote:
> My jib halyard chafed ( may have been rotted) and the halyard came
own......anyone have a solution for re-routing it? the mast is up but will come
own withing a week or so. Also, any recommendations for new halyard ??? I race
he boat mostly.........Thanks for the great service to all our boat owners!