[C320-list] fin vs. wing keel

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 11:27:08 PDT 2011

If a 6' draft is a problem, get the wing...especially if racing is  not an
issue.

Bert
At Ease

In a message dated 10/28/2011 11:59:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
genehelfman at gmail.com writes:

Dear  all: In our ongoing search for a 320 (ca. 2000 +/-), we've run into  a
mixture of opinions on the qualities of the shallow vs. deep draft  boats.
We have a harbor and hoist situation in our home port that makes 6  ft draft
problematic but not impossible.  Would anyone like to chime  in on the costs
and benefits of the wing keel boats (of which fewer were  produced and are
harder to find) vs. the deeper-draft fin keel boats?   We intend to cruise
not race so faster turning isn't much of an  issue.

thanks,
gene
--
Gene Helfman, Professor  Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
genehelfman at gmail.com

"Give a  man a fish and he'll eat for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he'll deplete  the
oceans."

The Book of Bob, Ironies  24:7