[C320-list] Accent Tape - Suggestions

resloat resloat at comcast.net
Mon Apr 16 14:55:54 PDT 2012

Karl-Upside down working is difficult and a chance to go overboard on the
tarmac.  I would work from the ground and wait until the yard clears to give
you room to do all the accent tape.

If you use a heat gun to take off the existing tape be careful that the
marking tape you put up doesn't also get loose.  I did a stripe like this
from scratch on a previous boat and measured the from the rub rail down
every few feet to the distance where the top of the new tape would go.  It
looked very good when done.  I would make measurements along the length of
you boat on how far down from the rub rail the existing accent strip is just
in case the existing marking tape has to come off.

Bob Sloat
S/V Savannah 894 (2002)