[C320-list] Cleaning interior window shades

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 15:24:50 PDT 2012

Jeff, I had occasion to do some research on mildew removal and control.
What I've learned is this:
-- best way to remove from hard surface is with bleach.  Clorox Clean-up is
bleach with a little soap or other cleaner.
-- prevent future mildew with a product designed to do so.  Concrobium Mold
Control came recommended for prevention.  It is not a killer/remover; but,
is intended to be applied after cleaning to prevent or retard future growth.
Also, it is non-toxic and safe around pets and kids.
-- your recommendation for cleaning is good and what we do; but, go lightly
with the bleach as the fabric is sensitive to excessive bleach.
--  Pattie removes and cleans the shades every 2/3 years and they still look
good after 18 years (8 in our hands.)