[C320-list] Installing a RayMarine C90W

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sun Apr 29 17:31:29 PDT 2012

Jason - I removed all the wires in the tubes before cutting the holes.  On
Sea Shadow, all the wires went down the port side tube.  In order to run the
chart plotter, I drilled through the deck from underneath on the starboard
side tube to create an access hole.  I used carbide drill bits on the steel.
The circuit breakers are available from West Marine.  This was not a fun
job...but easily doable.  I also have a Standard Horizon RAM mic with AIS
and a power cable for a cigar liter running through that tube.  I have so
many wires in that tube that to run the
AIS cable, I had to pour copious amounts of wire lube down the tube!
Nothing more, including radar, is going down those tubes.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD