[C320-list] Pulling the rig

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Mon Aug 6 09:57:53 PDT 2012

I'm thinking of having my mast taken down for the first time this coming
winter for various maintenance / upgrade tasks. (Halyard sheaves,
maintenance or replacement of wind instruments, possible installation of
a whisker pole track and topping lift, detailed survey, inspection, etc.)

I've never taken the mast down before, and I suspect that the previous
owner never took it down either. Can anyone alert me as to the possible
"gotcha's." What questions should I ask a yard about this process before
giving them the business?

Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653 (1999)