[C320-list] Pulling the rig

Mike Ott wmo48 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 13:04:29 PDT 2012

Scott,
We pull ours every year and with a good boatyard you should not have any
problems.

Couple of suggestions:
1) Cut and remove rigging tape and straighten clevis pins, but do not remove.
Do this before you head into the lift area to speed the mast removal
1) Make sure the crane top is padded along with the hook.
2) The choke line should go just below the lower spreaders.
3) Disconnect all your electronics below decks and tape to a strong chase line
that is long enough to go up the mast compression post.  I run the chase line
all the way through to the port settee locker which where my wind instruments
and radar connections are.  The disconnect for the mast lights and VHF radio
should be at the mast step, so once the mast is loose you will have to
disconnect them with the mast hanging about a foot off the deck.
4) Once the hook has the choke line and tension on the mast, loosen the shroud
turnbuckles.  We remove the pin from the furling system first, then shourds and
the back-stay last.
Good luck.
Mike Ott
'Amanda Lu'